Sat, Oct 28|
Tell the Bees: a grief ceremony and community circle
Join us for a free grief ceremony and community circle this Saturday, 10/28 from 11am-1pm at Cerasee Farm. In response to the ongoing genocide in Pal*estine, we are offering space for us to acknowledge and process our collective grief.
Time & Location
Oct 28, 2023, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Miami, 1613 NW 54th St, Miami, FL 33142, USA
About the event
Ancient mythology and folklore across cultures revere our bee kin as spiritual messengers, bridging our world with the spirit world. “Telling the bees” is a tradition of sharing important life events and messages with the bees so that they may carry them to our ancestors.
In this free community offering,
- Rebecca and Sam will teach us about the “telling the bees” tradition. We will meet and speak with the bees.
- Artist and hypnosis practitioner Kristen Soller will guide a community discussion and imaginative, meditative experience to support us with processing grief. We will further connect with bees, ancestors, and spirit.
Other important notes:
- Since we gathering in-person, please wear a mask and/or test before attending to prevent further spread of c*vid-19 and other respiratory illnesses (masks provided if you do not have your own)
- If you would like to interact with the bees, we recommend wearing a hat and lightweight clothing to cover your arms and legs
- Bring your own water and something comfortable to sit or lay on (e.g. blanket, yoga mat, pillow)
- Bring a journal and something to write with
What feelings, stories, and thoughts would you like to share with our bees?